- Black Bart The Poet Robber. Beware of the man in a flour sack and derby hat.
- Black Bart: aka Charles E. Bolton. "The PO8 Robbed Stages!"
- The Story of Black Bart Fact and Legend
- Black Bart, The Legend
- The Capture of Black Bart From the Museum of the City San Francisco
- Buffalo Bill Cody: Bull Whacker, Pony Express Rider, Stage Coach Driver
- Wild Bill Hickok From the Overland Trail Pages: Driver of the Stage
- Charley Parkhurst One of the earliest drivers of stage coaches
- Charley Parkhurst The "Whip"--She Was A Man!
- Charley Parkhurst An excerpt from "Highway 17: The Road to Santa Cruz." Wearing a black patch over one eye, he was referred to as 'one eyed Charlie'. However Parkhurst is best known for having living her life as a man.
- Coach Robberies From Vigilante Days and Ways by Nathaniel Langford
- The Strong Box: Irresistible to the robbers
- The Overland Stage Line Drivers and also it's Messengers
- Riding The Range and Robbing The Stage
- San Dimas' Female Stage Coach Driver Delia Haskett Rawson was so small her feet wouldn’t touch the floorboards, but she began riding with her father and begging him to let her hold the “ribbons,” which he often did. As she got older, she was given more practice, until the day when the regular driver was suddenly taken ill. She was given the opportunity then, at age 14, to drive the stagecoach, with the U.S.Mail, from Ukiah to Willets, in Northern California.
- Stage Coach Robbery Still Unsolved When shots rang out Major Joseph Washington Wham knew the stagecoach was under attack. The black Buffalo Soldiers riding guard with the U.S. Army payroll took several hits but fought back with great bravery in the sun-drenched desert landscape of May 11, 1889. The loss amounted to $28,345.10 in military payroll.
- Stage Robbers Captured A story by Mark Twain
- Stagecoach Robberies and Murders written by Wyatt Earp in 1896
Send comments, suggestions or inquiries: Overland Trail
[Overland Trail | Concord Coach Gallery | Other Links |
Created and maintained by Elizabeth Larson
Copyright © 1996-2001