Other Links...of course
OTHER STRANGE AND WONDERFUL PAGES ON THE WEB
- The Overland Trail (if you got here from a different path...and haven't already been there)
- Mnemonics: a great way to remember things...from history, math, geography, etc.
- Richard Lederer's Verbivore Page Word nuts need no introduction to this incredible lexographer.
- Literary Resources on the Net
- The Word Detective Flummoxed by Flabbergast?
Here's a page by Evan Morris whose column on words and language, Words, Wit and Wisdom,
appears in newspapers all over the world.
- A word a day Archives
- The Burma Shave Signs: sayings anticipated and loved along the two-lane highways from 1927 'til 1963.
- Word Play Links to sites all about words: puzzles, games, homonyms, anagrams, history of words, etc. A "must visit" site.
- Behind the Name: The Etymologies of First Names.
BOOKS ON LINE:
- The Complete Wizard of Oz from the Kansas Collection.
Carrie: A Full-Text Electronic Library...has an incredible number of books on line
- Banned Books on Line
LINKS TO INFORMATION ABOUT ICELAND
- Daily News from Iceland
- Iceland on the Web
- Landscapes of Iceland
- Background and history of the Icelandic Horse
- The World of the Vikings
- A list of Icelandic Links
- Iceland Review - Books on Iceland
- Icelandic Names
- Icelandic Recipes
- Heimasíðulisti Íslendinga Nær og Fjær
- The names of the Planets, Days of the Week, Months of the Year can be found at Planetary Linguistics
in a number of different foreign languages.
- Trucker's Net
The Earth Sciences Resource has got to be the most comprehensive source of info on Glaciers, Hydrology, Earthquakes, Volcanoes, GIS, Lightning, Weather, Remote Sensing, .......too many to name!
Check out the Grand Central Railroad Station: Cyberspace's largest source for anything to do with real or model railroads.
Station Stops! Historical Societies and Museums and other Railroad Related Sites
- Other Train Related Links
- A list of sites that would be banned without 1st Ammendment Rights.
- Is this what they mean by "indecent?" Free Speech On-Line!
Dilbert: there's always something good.
To add your URL
Comments, suggestions or inquiries:
[History Links] [Overland Trail ]
Created and maintained by Elizabeth Larson
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998 All Rights Reserved