- Jules Beni The Showdown with Jack Slade.
- Jim Bridger Hunter, Trapper, Guide, and Scout.
- Virginia "Dale" Slade for whom the station was named.
- Employees of the Stage Line: From Drivers to Stock Tenders.
- Other Employees and Influential People On the Overland Stage Line
- Drivers of the Overland Stage LineIncludes "Wild Bill" and "Buffalo Bill"
- Jim Enos, "Station Hunter"
- Gravesites at Virginia Dale
- Dr. J. H. Finfrock, staff doctor at Fort Halleck
- Ben Holladay, the "Stagecoach King"
- Albert Huston, "Company Hunter."
- Antoine Janis French trader, early settler and peacemaker
- Mariano Medina: "First white'ee man on the Creek!" Thanks to the Jim Baker Party of American Mountain Men for this information!
- Messengers on the Overland Stage Line
- Lady Moon, a "lady" from Livermore...
- The Musgrove Gang Overland Trail horse thieves and cattle rustlers.
- George Pingree a Poudre Pioneer
- Jack Slade, high adventure on the high plains
- The Arrest and Execution of Captain J. A. Slade With a Short Account of His Previous Career.
- Jack Slade's Gravesite
- "Song of the Overland Stage-Driver" written in 1865 by Nat Stein, stage driver.
- Voices From The Past: Accounts of Bread Baking, Rules of the Road, Drunk Drivers...
- Women In Transit--the true pioneers
Send comments, suggestions or inquiries: Overland Trail
[Overland Trail | Personalities | Links | Virginia Dale]
Created and maintained by Elizabeth Larson
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 All Rights Reserved